According to the Nationwide Insurance survey:
- 78 percent of adults support 21 as the minimum drinking age
- 72 percent of adults think lowering the drinking age will make alcohol more accessible to kids
- Only 14 percent of Americans believe a lower drinking age will curb teen binge drinking
- Nearly half believe lowering the drinking age would increase binge drinking among teens
- More than half of the adults surveyed say would not send their children to colleges or universities with “party school” reputations
- More than half say they are unlikely to vote for a state representative who supports lowering the legal limit.
Make your voice heard! Sign MADD's pledge to stand strongly united in support of the 21 minimum drinking age.